Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Friday, November 24 2017 @ 09:08 AM CST
 Forum Index >  Miscellaneous >  Education Classified
 Intervention for Children with Reading Difficulties
   |  Printable Version
By: literaturelover (offline)  Monday, September 08 2008 @ 11:44 AM CDT (Read 619 times)  
literaturelover

I'm offering intervention classes for children with difficulties learning to read from as young as k2. My own girl has dyslexia, and I attended a course to fully qualify myself to do her dyslexia intervention based on the Orton-Gillingham method. I chose to teach her myself because the charges for private lessons with centres offering such classes are sky-high (around $140/hr), and I can't afford such high fees. I started intervention classes for her from the middle of K2. She's in P1 now, and is coping well.

My own background as an English Language Teacher also greatly contributed to my abilities to teach her, and she has gone from a child who refused to read to a child who now volunteers to read to her younger sister. She has coped so far in reading in school, and is able to cope with schoolwork.

If your child has difficulties reading, don't wait until they are already in P2 or P3 before you consider getting help, since they would have lost much confidence and self-esteem by then. The sooner you provide help, the better they cope and learn.

I'm offering lessons to children staying in the East. Charges depend on whether the lessons take place at my home or at the child's home. Do drop me a note if you have any queries. Or you can email me at jr4email{dash}oglessons{at}yahoo{dot}com.

Cheers!

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CST. The time is now 09:08 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content