Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Friday, November 17 2017 @ 04:53 PM CST
 Forum Index >  Miscellaneous >  Question, Feedback and Comments
 Internet Explorer upgrade reminder
   |  Printable Version
By: kamweng (offline)  Saturday, May 02 2009 @ 10:09 PM CDT (Read 1391 times)  
kamweng

Is Test-paper.info working with Microsoft to promote the Internet Explorer upgrade?

I find the reminder pops up on every page is kind of annoying, and probably unnecessary.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: admin (offline)  Saturday, May 02 2009 @ 10:35 PM CDT  
admin

Quote by: kamweng

Is Test-paper.info working with Microsoft to promote the Internet Explorer upgrade?

I find the reminder pops up on every page is kind of annoying, and probably unnecessary.

Hi,

We do not place any pop ups on our site. Do let us know if this issue only occurs when surfing our site or it occurs with other sites too. So far, this is the first feedback on this issue. Do let us know more details and we will look into it. Thanks.

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

By: kamweng (offline)  Sunday, May 03 2009 @ 05:56 AM CDT  
kamweng

Wow, thanks for your prompt response. Never thought Admin is active on Sunday. Big Grin

The following is the message 'pops up', to be precise, it actually slides down from the top of the page.

Yes it happens only when I enter this site (on all the pages/links), not for any other webpages I visit.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: admin (offline)  Monday, May 04 2009 @ 06:56 PM CDT  
admin

Hi,

After speaking to our web designer, it seems that we did have the upgrade panel there as there are a few issues that were unable to resolve in the old browsers such as Internet Explorer 6. Maybe you can consider using other browsers such as Firefox browser as that will ensure compatibility to most sites.

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

By: kamweng (offline)  Saturday, May 09 2009 @ 02:53 AM CDT  
kamweng

Well, I don't think this site needs more complicated scripts than many other 'big' sites I use to visit which are all OK to IE6. Anyway, I do have Firefox installed as a backup browser. It's not a big problem, just the habit of sticking to IE.

Thanks.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: admin (offline)  Saturday, May 09 2009 @ 11:22 PM CDT  
admin

Hi,

From the feedback I got from my web designer, it seems that there are some pages she could not get to display properly. Hence she inserted in the above message. We will speak to her again and maybe just show the message once. Once again, thank you so much for the feedback.

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email    

All times are CST. The time is now 04:53 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content