Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Saturday, September 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM CDT
 Forum Index >  Test Paper Related >  Primary 6 Matters
 Henry Park Prelim 2011 Paper 2 Qn 10 - Updates
   |  Printable Version
By: echeewh (offline)  Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM CDT (Read 1912 times)  
echeewh

Hey everyone ( parent603, jane lim, jo sarah, etc )

With reference to the original post of this question by parent603 , jo sarah's worked solution, however, did not match the Answerkey as provided in the paper. This has somehow created some 'confusion' among some of the audience / readers here.

With further research done based on the Answerkey provided, the marks allocated and the diagram itself, I have reason to believe the original diagram (with shaded parts) was somehow 'dirtied' in the process. This was also pointed out earlier by the respondent who provided the worked solution in the original posting.

I have thus 're-engineered' the diagram as per my research and appreciate that you review my worked solution as per attached ( Answer: 43.73 cm2 )

Cheers,
Edward

Forum Active Member

Profile Email    

By: MathIzzzFun (offline)  Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM CDT  
MathIzzzFun

Quote by: echeewh

Hey everyone ( parent603, jane lim, jo sarah, etc )

With reference to the original post of this question by parent603 , jo sarah's worked solution, however, did not match the Answerkey as provided in the paper. This has somehow created some 'confusion' among some of the audience / readers here.

With further research done based on the Answerkey provided, the marks allocated and the diagram itself, I have reason to believe the original diagram (with shaded parts) was somehow 'dirtied' in the process. This was also pointed out earlier by the respondent who provided the worked solution in the original posting.

Appreciate that you review my worked solution as per attached ( Answer: 43.73 cm2 )

Cheers,
Edward

I would like to offer an alternate way:

shaded area = area of 2 squares of side 6 cm - area of quadrant of radius 6 cm = 2 x 6 x 6 - ¼ x pi x 6 x 6 = 43.73 cm² (to 2 decimal places)

cheers.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Profile Email    

By: jo sarah (offline)  Monday, July 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM CDT  
jo sarah

Hi Edward,

Many thanks for the efforts you put into researching this question.
The re-engineered figure is very much different from what appeared in the test paper.
I like to point out that my original solution was not meant for this newly engineered figure.

regards,
jo sarah Smile

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: quekcc (offline)  Saturday, July 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM CDT  
quekcc

The correct answer is 53.01332 cmsq

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 11:28 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content