Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Friday, November 17 2017 @ 04:59 PM CST
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 PSLE Passing subjects
   |  Printable Version
By: Strawberry (offline)  Friday, August 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM CDT (Read 3618 times)  
Strawberry

Hi,

Does anyone know what are passing subjects in order for the P6 students to promote to Sec 1?
Some of the parents told me that the child will need to pass English and Maths. Is it truth?
Currently, my child has difficulty to score or perhaps to pass Maths. Anyone have suggestion of what to do to pass it with this limited timing..

Hope to hear from anyone of you soon.

Strawberry

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: 12Lorraine (offline)  Monday, September 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM CDT  
12Lorraine

i think is English is a must.

I understood your worries as it was the same as mine 4 years ago happened to my girl. She always got 40+ and we so worried so we enrolled her to a tuition centre + home tuition to drill her on Maths, later lucky got a C.

I knew a girl who failed her prelim maths, but after she went to some intensive lessons in a tuition centre in Serangoon Garde for a month,, she scored A* for her PSLE, her family can't believe. BUt this centre is small in class so is very packed.

For maths, the kid has has to keep on practising.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: acyk (offline)  Wednesday, September 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM CDT  
acyk

Hi, I had this concern too and gave MOE a call, I asked them the exact same question, if your child is scoring 40+ he/she can still get into a Secondary school, but of course it won't be too like Raffles, as long as your child scores at least 20 and above for each subject (20 and below is Ungraded), I know a kid who went to a good school just by scoring 3 A* and 1 C. Of course, always try your best, you never know what might happen.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: dreamworks (offline)  Saturday, October 27 2012 @ 04:49 AM CDT  
dreamworks

Thanks acyk,

After seeing your post only, I realized that scoring 3 A* and 1 C also can make thro' good schools. Alas I've pushed my dd to score A* in all subjects but her maths always either A or B only. Last year she got all A's only even though for English and MT normally she would get A* in the school.

Went to good school in Express but not among the top 10 schools. Today also, I'm feeling very guilty for I had pushed her beyond the limits. Hopefully, she could do well in her sec. school.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CST. The time is now 04:59 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content