Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Friday, August 18 2017 @ 03:52 AM CDT
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 My playful son
   |  Printable Version
By: Mrs Lee (offline)  Thursday, January 03 2013 @ 12:36 AM CST (Read 1153 times)  
Mrs Lee

Hi,

My son is having PSLE this year, but he is still very playful, he just want to quickly finished his homework without re-check his answer.
End up, his lost mark due to careless.

He dislikes Chinese and dont bother to remember Chinese spelling after the test.

How can I build up his responsible and interest in Chinese?

Thank you.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Strawberry (offline)  Thursday, January 10 2013 @ 09:55 PM CST  
Strawberry

Hi Mrs Lee,

I happened to borrow this book from the library - How to talk, so kids can learn at home and school. There are many useful tips that teach both parents and teachers to have a effective interaction with the kids. You may want to take a look.

There are children who can't fall in love with a subject due to some unpleasant matters happen over in school and having difficulty to share the problems with anyone. Sometimes is the words we choose while having the communication with them that they become too immune to share. It will be good to give our children a listen ears to just listen to their worries. When lend our listening ears to them, they feel love and appreciated. The next step is the child may have a solution to it.

Example: the child is not doing his homework. (Methods are quoted from How to talk, so Kids can learn at home and school)

First reaction the adult has is ---- Why aren't you study or do your homework? (the child may have difficult doing them as he really do not understand it)

We may try this
1) Describe the problem
I see you are having some difficult doing your work

2)Give information
It's easier to do the simple question first.

3) Offer a choice
You can do it now or take 5

Hope this help.

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 03:52 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content