Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Thursday, October 19 2017 @ 04:00 AM CDT
 Forum Index >  Miscellaneous >  Education Classified
 HEADSTART PROGRAMMES FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2014
   |  Printable Version
By: aceacademy (offline)  Friday, October 04 2013 @ 02:45 AM CDT (Read 1704 times)  
aceacademy

ACE ACADEMY will be running a series of HEADSTART PROGRAMMES in November and December to prepare students for the new academic year in 2014.

These Headstart Programmes, developed and taught by NIE-trained teachers, are designed for 2014 P3, P4, P5 and P6 students, and will cover the more challenging topics that most students struggle with. Through our inquiry-based learning approach, students will be able to understand these topics and tackles test and exam questions with confidence and ease.

ENGLISH (3-DAY PROGRAMME)
- includes Composition & Situational Writing, Open-ended Comprehension, Cloze Passages and Synthesis & Transformation.

MATH (2-DAY PROGRAMME)
- includes Fractions, Ratios, Speed, and Mathematical Heuristics for non-standard questions.

SCIENCE (PROGRAMME DURATION DEPENDS ON TOPICS SELECTED)
- includes all topics in Lower and Upper Block Science. Students attend lessons for those topics that they have selected.

For more information and programme schedule, pls click here:

http://ace-academy.com.sg/p3-p5-headsta ... -holidays/

T: 6468-8381 / 9824-9826
E: aceacademy@singnet.com.sg

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: aceacademy (offline)  Monday, October 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM CDT  
aceacademy

Someone asked us how is INQUIRY-BASED LEARNING different from traditional instructional approaches.

An old adage states:

Tell me and I forget,
Show me and I remember,
Involve me and I understand.

The last part - "Involve me and I understand" - is the essence of inquiry-based learning.

Traditional instructional approaches typically encourage rote learning and drilling; mainly the tell and show methods. These approaches have proven to be less effective in learning. Hence, the current push by MOE towards inquiry-based learning.

At Ace Academy, students are engaged and participate actively in the lessons, be it English, Science, Math or Chinese. This makes learning fun and facilitates comprehensive understanding of the topics being covered. This is the single most important reason why our students have achieved outstanding grades in their recent CA2 and prelims (for P6).

Our Headstart Programmes follow the same effective inquiry-based learning approach. Hence, you can be assured your child will understand the topics thoroughly, and enjoy learning them in the process.

T: 6468-8381 / 9824-9826
E: aceacademy@singnet.com.sg

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: aceacademy (offline)  Saturday, October 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM CDT  
aceacademy

There were some enquiries as to whether students can attend lessons for topics that they have already covered in school, and would like comprehensive revisions to understand those topics thoroughly.

The answer is "DEFINITELY YES!", as we encourage all students to ensure that they are well-versed with what they have learnt, evident from their tests and exams scores, before proceeding to the next stage of education.

So, for example, if a child going to P5 in 2014 would like to select lessons in Lower Block Science or attend Math lessons covering P4 topics, he/she is welcome to do so. We salute the motivated students for wanting to master the topics before the new academic year brings on more depth and scope in the subjects!

ACE ACADEMY | 200 TURF CLUB ROAD, #05-01/02, THE GRANDSTAND (former Turf City), SINGAPORE 287994
T: 6468-8381 / 9824-9826 | W: ace-academy.com.sg | E: aceacademy@singnet.com.sg

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: aceacademy (offline)  Sunday, November 24 2013 @ 07:37 PM CST  
aceacademy

We are into the 2nd week of our Headstart Programme!

Don't miss out on our REALLY USEFUL programme to prepare your child for academic year 2014!

ACE ACADEMY | 200 TURF CLUB ROAD, #05-01/02, THE GRANDSTAND (former Turf City), SINGAPORE 287994
T: 6468-8381 / 9824-9826 | W: ace-academy.com.sg | E: aceacademy@singnet.com.sg

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:00 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content