Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Sunday, November 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM CST
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 Worried about my fan girl
   |  Printable Version
By: concernedmama (offline)  Wednesday, March 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM CDT (Read 1707 times)  
concernedmama

My 11 yr old daughter's crazy bout the boyband Fahrenheit & spends so much time on their stuff. Although this has greatly increased her knowledge in reading Chinese, I'm still worried the obsession will affect her studies.. Is there a need for me to step in & discipline her?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: belle (offline)  Sunday, April 04 2010 @ 10:54 PM CDT  
belle

think it's a growing phase. back then, i grew out of it after secondary sch. as long as she doesn't save on lunch just to buy their stuff, it isn't that serious.

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: bensng (offline)  Monday, April 05 2010 @ 05:14 AM CDT  
bensng

Get her interested in other activities? Make new friends through taking up new hobbies can make her realize too much time spent in one area of interest may not be so beneficial for her. You may want to find out her other interest and try to horne them.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Edulinkz (offline)  Wednesday, April 07 2010 @ 05:06 AM CDT  
Edulinkz

Not too bad lah, at least not drugs or alcoholic and etc. I think what she is doing is normal for a growing child.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Strawberry (offline)  Thursday, April 08 2010 @ 12:26 AM CDT  
Strawberry

Plan a time schedule with her - the actual timing, what topic and what subject. And some time for her boyband . Be friend with her, talk to her about her liking so you know she is still on the right track. And this will let her feel that you are supportive and understanding.

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: Minjee (offline)  Friday, August 24 2012 @ 03:56 AM CDT  
Minjee

Its no big deal for a 11-year old girl .... Its very common ..... Just be a friend to her and ask her to concentrate on her studies when she comes to P6.... Cool

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: 12Lorraine (offline)  Monday, September 10 2012 @ 11:26 PM CDT  
12Lorraine

it is common in nowadays kids.My boy now in P6 also sometimes will download songs, sing or play guessing songs games. He is also a blackshot fan (pc game), used to play every weekend, until i explained to him the importance of P6 - tell him that he can play all he can after PSLE, then he understood and stopped since July.

sometimes you have to be friend with them also, shown some interest in 1-2 songs which she listened, so that she can share with you in future. In this way, you also will keep track of her upgoing.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CST. The time is now 11:49 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content