Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Saturday, June 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM CDT
 Forum Index >  Test Paper Related >  Primary 1 Matters
 Will a dyslexic child still have a future?
   |  Printable Version
By: teachthemwell (offline)  Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 12:55 PM CDT (Read 2743 times)  
teachthemwell

My niece has juz been diagnosed with dyslexia... And my bro's feeling really down because of it... Want to console him but don't know how to...

Will Dyslexia really rob my niece of a future?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: bensng (offline)  Thursday, April 01 2010 @ 01:44 PM CDT  
bensng

You might want to remind him that his girl will need a lot of his love and support. He's gotto be strong. If he dun believe in his kid, who will?

Besides, Dyslexia affects millions in the world, US alone more than 30 million children and adults are affected with Dyslexia in one way or another. By the way, who's owns the future these days anyway. Below is a list of world famous persons with overwhelming success in life who had Dyslexia and overcome it. I believe Dyslexia helped crafted lots of their character!

Richard Branson who's a multi-millionaire tycoon and innovative entrepreneur.
Leonardo da Vinci who is all successful architect, musician, inventor, engineer and artist.
Tom Cruise... my personal favourite with Jerry Mcguire.
Thomas Edison, scientist & inventor of a lifetime. Flung his maths, brilliant in Science. Gives us light!
Whoopi Goldberg, (who played Sister Act), world class comedienne, actress, singer-songwriter, political activist, and talk show host.
Keanu Reeves in Matrix! Albert Einstein. Harrison Ford. Winston Churchill - former prime minister of Britain!
Need more?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: syun (offline)  Saturday, April 03 2010 @ 08:49 PM CDT  
syun

Don't worry, if our LKY can make Spore with dyslexia, it can't get any tougher for the rest

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: Strawberry (offline)  Sunday, April 04 2010 @ 02:35 AM CDT  
Strawberry

Yes, I agreed bensug and syun. Dyslexic could be just a little challenge for your brother to learn how to trust her daughter and putting learning differently for her.
Your niece will be ok. Do observe and find out her natural talent. And support her fully.

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

By: lanky (offline)  Monday, May 31 2010 @ 03:34 AM CDT  
lanky

Not trying to be negative but our education system does not agree with dyslexics. Then again it depends on the level of dyslexia. Is it mild? Serious? my daughter is mildly dyslexic. She finds it tedious to do her exam papers becos the questions are wordy. Schools have AEDS to help these kids but most of them are not well trained becos the training period too short and not structured. Get some private intervention from trained personnel asap. the younger they get the intervention, the better the child responds. Good luck.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Strawberry (offline)  Saturday, July 31 2010 @ 10:12 PM CDT  
Strawberry

Can try the private enrichment centre. http://www.edunamics.com.sg/?gclid=CPTj ... 6wodMSHLmw

Forum Regular Member

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 07:02 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content