Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Thursday, December 14 2017 @ 12:03 AM CST
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 Can't complete exam papers on time
   |  Printable Version
By: syun (offline)  Tuesday, April 06 2010 @ 12:50 AM CDT (Read 1398 times)  
syun

Very worried about my son because he always can't seem to finish his exam papers. Especially his Maths & Chinese papers ): So sad to see him lose precious marks just because of that...

Any parents know how I can help him speed up?

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: jling (offline)  Wednesday, April 07 2010 @ 12:56 AM CDT  
jling

Syun,

Firstly are these 2 subjects his weaker subjects? Not able to complete exam papers could be due to few reasons & you got to help him identify:

1. exam stress / lack of concentration?? Is your son custom to taking exam papers (since I do not know his age, I presume he is). Sometimes boys are easily distracted even while doing his exm papers lost track of time

2. The importance of completing the paper. You have to explain to him why is so important to be able to complete the paper. It may seem logical to us but not necessary for a kid.

3. If those 2 subjects are his weaker one, naturally he may find it difficult to complete certain section.

You may want to talk to him and find out what is his issue. Also, you got to teach him to be 'exam smart' i.e. skip questions if he can't manage. As a rule of tumb, 10 to 15mins (max) for every math questions. Do mock papers at home. This way, you can mointor his timing and observe what are his issues.

hope this helps, Big Grin

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: belle (offline)  Wednesday, April 07 2010 @ 02:20 AM CDT  
belle

could he be feeling sleepy due to the eleventh hour revision? if so, encourage him to sleep earlier. really have to work on speed because time is tighter as the level progresses

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: syun (offline)  Thursday, April 08 2010 @ 03:50 AM CDT  
syun

Thank you parents. I think from the mock papers, it seems like he doesn't know how to manage his time.. How should i advise him to allocate time for the various sections?

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: papasmurfette (offline)  Monday, April 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM CDT  
papasmurfette

Actually I think it would be wonderful if there are centres / courses that trains the slower kids on how they can manage their exam time... Would enroll my girl if there are

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CST. The time is now 12:03 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content