Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Friday, November 17 2017 @ 04:53 PM CST
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 Illegible handwriting
   |  Printable Version
By: mumintestland (offline)  Friday, April 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM CDT (Read 1670 times)  
mumintestland

Hi parents

I am at a loss as to how i can get my son to improve on his handwriting... It seems to be going from bad to worse! He is in P2 now but writes like a kindergarten child.

I've been nagging him about it but doesn't seem to help... Really don't know how I can get him to improve... What should I do now?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Ethan (offline)  Wednesday, April 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM CDT  
Ethan

i think you have to go back to the basics. although it's quite weird, why not make him practise on those preschooler letter writing practice books again..

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: CanCan (offline)  Friday, April 30 2010 @ 12:12 AM CDT  
CanCan

My nephew is in K2. His handwriting is illegible too. I soon found out that he was not trained to write on guided lines in PETS school house. Realising that, I made him practise writing on worksheets with guided lines. Immediately, I saw the difference. Thus, I believe it may work for you too. You can get this guided lines worksheet for free at this website (www.mes-english.com). Search for "handwriting practice".

However, you do need to remind your child that the guided lines are there to help him/her. Do also let him/her know that when guided lines are not available in Pri School, he/she should imagine that the guided lines are there. This can be done by making him/her practise writing the first few lines with guided lines and the last few lines without the guided lines (Preferably in the same page). This will prevent the over dependence on the guided lines.

To the rest of the parents, do take note and find out if the pre-school require the students to write on guided lines.

I hope the above is useful. Thanks. Big Grin

Best Regards,

CanCan
Full time tutor

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: mumintestland (offline)  Wednesday, May 05 2010 @ 06:22 AM CDT  
mumintestland

Quote by: CanCan

My nephew is in K2. His handwriting is illegible too. I soon found out that he was not trained to write on guided lines in PETS school house. Realising that, I made him practise writing on worksheets with guided lines. Immediately, I saw the difference. Thus, I believe it may work for you too. You can get this guided lines worksheet for free at this website (www.mes-english.com). Search for "handwriting practice".

However, you do need to remind your child that the guided lines are there to help him/her. Do also let him/her know that when guided lines are not available in Pri School, he/she should imagine that the guided lines are there. This can be done by making him/her practise writing the first few lines with guided lines and the last few lines without the guided lines (Preferably in the same page). This will prevent the over dependence on the guided lines.

To the rest of the parents, do take note and find out if the pre-school require the students to write on guided lines.

I hope the above is useful. Thanks. Big Grin

Best Regards,

CanCan
Full time tutor

His handwriting has indeed improved a little from the guided lines exercises... Though he still wavers between his old and improved writing at times... Thanks anyway

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: mimosamun (offline)  Wednesday, May 19 2010 @ 02:40 AM CDT  
mimosamun

You may be interested to attend a workshop, "Dysgraphia : A Kinaesthetic Approach to Handwriting Training", organised by Bridging Talents. The speaker, Jeanette Suen who a occupational therapist, will be conducting the workshop. I've attended a similar workshop by her at her center, Hand in Hand Occupational Therapy Centre and have benefitted a lot from it.

http://bridgingtalents.com/2010_Dysgraphia.html

Regards
Mimosa

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: mumintestland (offline)  Wednesday, May 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM CDT  
mumintestland

Quote by: mimosamun

You may be interested to attend a workshop, "Dysgraphia : A Kinaesthetic Approach to Handwriting Training", organised by Bridging Talents. The speaker, Jeanette Suen who a occupational therapist, will be conducting the workshop. I've attended a similar workshop by her at her center, Hand in Hand Occupational Therapy Centre and have benefitted a lot from it.

http://bridgingtalents.com/2010_Dysgraphia.html

Regards
Mimosa

Thanks! Interesting... How does it go? But find it's quite costly for a day's lesson

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CST. The time is now 04:53 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content