Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Tuesday, August 22 2017 @ 01:26 PM CDT
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 How often do you let your child practise these papers?
   |  Printable Version
By: papasmurfette (offline)  Monday, April 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM CDT (Read 1714 times)  
papasmurfette

Hi, am quite new here.

Since I found this site, I've been making my girl practise these papers on a daily or 2 day basis, however she's beginning to show signs of unwillingness...

Am I being too unreasonable? Would like to find out from fellow parents how often do you make your child do these exam papers? On a daily basis or weekly?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: JK23 (offline)  Monday, April 19 2010 @ 09:22 AM CDT  
JK23

Quote by: papasmurfette

Hi, am quite new here.

Since I found this site, I've been making my girl practise these papers on a daily or 2 day basis, however she's beginning to show signs of unwillingness...

Am I being too unreasonable? Would like to find out from fellow parents how often do you make your child do these exam papers? On a daily basis or weekly?

As the exams are round the corner, my kids love to do the exam papers instead of assessment book. One paper on weekday day, 2 papers over the weekend . Time is still needed to be set aside for the revision on textbook, esp for the mother tongue chinese, exam papers are good for exposure but may not necessary in accordance to your child's school standard or style.

Another suggestion is to do a behaviour chart : www.chartsjungle.com. For eg, my child gets 85% above for a paper, they can their reward... and if below they just get the number of stars and accummulate till the amount is enough to redeem their reward.

Hope the above helps.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Ethan (offline)  Wednesday, April 21 2010 @ 03:16 AM CDT  
Ethan

my wife makes my son do the papers twice a week.

papasmurfette, could it be that you are not letting your child have enough play? or maybe ur child just needs variety. the simple logic of not wanting to eat the same dish everyday. you could start with varying the test papers with assessments throughout the week.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: syun (offline)  Saturday, April 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM CDT  
syun

I make my boy do it once every week on normal days, but once every 2 days during the exam period...

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: pearldyn (offline)  Sunday, April 25 2010 @ 07:31 PM CDT  
pearldyn

Hi, am quite new here.

I used to let my son practice one paper a week......but since some people has been saying that I am pushing him too much. I didnt get him to do at all.......

He has showed some unwillingness to study too, just like yours.

Some people say that maybe he doesnt has enough time to play, but in reality (people cannot see what our kids do at home) he plays all the time.

I dont call him to study anymore, I dont remind him at all. I just let him be.

If he fails, he fails. Sometimes people just need to be knocked on the head to face the reality of life.

Too bad. I dont know if it works for you. But I am too tired.

I guess you have to do what you have to do, dont follow what people say.

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: papasmurfette (offline)  Thursday, April 29 2010 @ 09:03 AM CDT  
papasmurfette

Quote by: pearldyn

Hi, am quite new here.

I used to let my son practice one paper a week......but since some people has been saying that I am pushing him too much. I didnt get him to do at all.......

Some people say that maybe he doesnt has enough time to play, but in reality (people cannot see what our kids do at home) he plays all the time.

If he fails, he fails. Sometimes people just need to be knocked on the head to face the reality of life.

peardyn, sounds like you're giving up on your boy... don't be disheartened, there must be a way round this...

dear parents who've responded, thanks so much for your help. seems like giving rewards does help.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: pearldyn (offline)  Saturday, May 01 2010 @ 08:34 AM CDT  
pearldyn

Hi, am quite new here.

peardyn, sounds like you're giving up on your boy... don't be disheartened, there must be a way round this...

dear parents who've responded, thanks so much for your help. seems like giving rewards does help.

Sounds like I am giving up.....yeah I know.......but if giving reward becomes a MUST, then it doesnt work anymore for me, because that was what his father has been doing.

My son only study and gives good results when he knows he will be rewarded. Not from the HEART anymore.

I guess we have to talk this on a separate channel cuz its gonna take way too long for people to understand being a concern mother. By the way, I have 2 hyper-active boys.

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: teachthemwell (offline)  Sunday, May 02 2010 @ 03:22 PM CDT  
teachthemwell

Hi, am quite new here.

Sounds like I am giving up.....yeah I know.......but if giving reward becomes a MUST, then it doesnt work anymore for me, because that was what his father has been doing.

My son only study and gives good results when he knows he will be rewarded. Not from the HEART anymore.

I guess we have to talk this on a separate channel cuz its gonna take way too long for people to understand being a concern mother. By the way, I have 2 hyper-active boys.

Sigh... The difficulties of parenting... Although my daughter is quite auto on her studies, she is giving me an even bigger problem with her constant cries about wanting to go out on her own

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:26 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content