Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Thursday, March 23 2017 @ 05:24 AM CDT
 Forum Index >  Test Paper Related >  Primary 4 Matters
 When is a right time to allow children to go out on their own?
   |  Printable Version
By: teachthemwell (offline)  Monday, April 26 2010 @ 05:56 AM CDT (Read 1598 times)  
teachthemwell

I'm facing a dilemma now cos my P4 daughter's constantly quarreling over wanting to go out with her friends...

I haven't let her out on her own before & am worried. Should I really let her out now or wait till she's in secondary school???

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: fadou (offline)  Tuesday, April 27 2010 @ 03:42 AM CDT  
fadou

Hi Dear
I understand fully your worries ,I have 4 kids and I am lost at times ,let me tell you ,your daughter is only 10 years may be less ,she is underage ,you are totally in control ,you should not allow her to go out or else ,she has to take instructions whether she likes it or not ,never submit yourself to her or she will take advantage of you ,ask her to wait till she is older as it is not safe to be out there as you do not know what is she doing and who is she going out with ,be strong I have a son who is primary 4 and I can be pretty ruthless
Good Luck

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: papasmurfette (offline)  Thursday, April 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM CDT  
papasmurfette

Quote by: fadou

Hi Dear
I understand fully your worries ,I have 4 kids and I am lost at times ,let me tell you ,your daughter is only 10 years may be less ,she is underage ,you are totally in control ,you should not allow her to go out or else ,she has to take instructions whether she likes it or not ,never submit yourself to her or she will take advantage of you ,ask her to wait till she is older as it is not safe to be out there as you do not know what is she doing and who is she going out with ,be strong I have a son who is primary 4 and I can be pretty ruthless
Good Luck

i agree with fadou. just be firm on your stand. i admit i'm the type who dotes on my girl, but in the future when she reaches that stage, i'm promise to myself not to give in.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: jling (offline)  Friday, April 30 2010 @ 12:04 AM CDT  
jling

Hello,
I guess there is never a 'ight time or age before we think our kids are wise or mature enough to go on outing on their own. The society is more complicated than our times. Our kids are being brought up in very comfy /cushion/protected environment!
(All created by us!!) We either send kids to school or they get ferried by school bus! Whilst we have euip them with the latest cell phone gadget, we may not have taught them to be street-wise!

Agree that 10years old or under kinda young to be out on her own. Some form of communciation is probably good to explain to her why you dissallow it Don't let this issue be a start to any form of resentment. Kids at this age don't give up easily. My son is 10yrs and I have seen how 'creative and resourceful' he can be to achieve what he wants!! What about her friends, do you know them or their parents well? Has her friends been allowed to be on their own? This could be peer pressure! Most importanly, do you trust your child well enough? Only you know your daughter well enough to say when she is ready to be on her own!!

Happy parenting!

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: teachthemwell (offline)  Sunday, May 02 2010 @ 03:06 PM CDT  
teachthemwell

Thanks parents your opinions. It seems that the root of the problem is peer pressure! Don't know how to deal with this peer pressure thing, as I can't possibly go to the classroom and stop my daughter from mixing with her 'clique'...

It's really scary what youngsters are capable of these days. Recently I overheard this teenage girl reminding her female friend to help lie about her being at her place if her mother called, as she's going to hang out at her boyfriend's again! Sigh... What can we do

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: mumintestland (offline)  Wednesday, May 05 2010 @ 06:41 AM CDT  
mumintestland

You can't stop kids from doing rebellious things because they have legs of their own. Or if you really let your child out, you can secretly follow her for awhile until you're sure she's not mixing with the wrong company.

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 05:24 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content