Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Thursday, October 19 2017 @ 03:47 AM CDT
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 Jealousy
   |  Printable Version
By: Ethan (offline)  Tuesday, May 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM CDT (Read 973 times)  
Ethan

My son is showing signs of jealousy towards my newborn. How should I deal with his jealousy?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: pearldyn (offline)  Wednesday, May 12 2010 @ 07:30 AM CDT  
pearldyn

Hi Ethan,

There are no right or wrong ways. I believe you can share your affection for both during the right times of the day and night.

Which ever requires it during that specific moment, give it to them. I am sure they will grow out of it, but only a matter of 'how long' will it be, it depends again.

Jealousy is something that means they want more attention from the parent, if I even get it right.

Both my kids are boys - mind you, they still feel jealous over each other till now, the elder is P4 and the younger is K2 this year.

Life's like that, but we are happy with what we are doing now, be it fighting over the PSP or sharing ice-cream in a bowl.

Keep reminding them that they are the love of your life and you love them the same. Maybe other people have 'methods' that can help, but I just do what instincts tells me.

Good Luck!!

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: shanthi (offline)  Sunday, May 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM CDT  
shanthi

Hi dont use the word jealousy,use the word POSSESIVENESS.U sit down and talk to him and prove him that u love both a lot and make him feel great about his sibling,then he will be ok.This iscommon in all family who have two kids.Think positive and be cheerful

Forum Junior
Junior

Profile Email    

By: Ethan (offline)  Tuesday, May 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM CDT  
Ethan

Thanks thanks parents. Yup it's true, he wailed yesterday in public claiming we don't love him anymore. Sat him down & explained to him after lecturing. Hai... Hope he will really take to the newborn soon

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 03:47 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content