Login
Welcome to Test-paper.info
Tuesday, September 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM CDT
 Forum Index >  General Chat >  General Chat
 anxiety /mix feeling after exams
   |  Printable Version
By: jling (offline)  Tuesday, November 02 2010 @ 03:47 AM CDT (Read 1140 times)  
jling

Hello All,

Now that exams is over, the next phase is the anxiety over how well our kids have perform on the exams!

This year is special for me because my younger girl, 7 is sitting exam for the first time along with her older brother,10. Good part of this was during the months leading to exams, both kids will have to study (previously the older boy was fully of envy seeing his sister fooling around while he is cramped up in the study room).

However, I was totally not prepared on how to divide my time among them. Both have their weakness, elder on Math & Chinese and the younger... let's just say she is totally not prep for exams! Anyhow, I spend past 3 weeks coaching them to the best I can. Since P4 exams is more important than P1, I spend more time with the boy and not so with the younger one.

Both my kids came back with their results : the boy did very well for English and vast improvement esp on his Maths. However, my girl did not fare so well & only managed to pass her Math slightly above the passing mark! This has lead to her brother passing some not so kind remarks to her.This to me is the worst kind of sibling rivarly!! and honestly, I'm totally not prepared to manage this situation.

So parents out there, while you anxiously waiting for your kids to bring back news to you on how they fare in the exam, hopefully you will not be in same siutaion like me Neutral

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: wati (offline)  Thursday, November 04 2010 @ 03:47 AM CDT  
wati

here's my story... as a working parent, we always have our hard times toggling work and family. however i tried as much as possible and even i felt that i push my gal too hard. during p1 & p2, my gal was doing great. all subjects came back with B1s. now in p3, i was very stressed. my gal didn't do well during the mid year exam. her EL, Maths & Science all came back with B3. expect for MT she B1. I had to push her harder especially in maths. i was totally disappointed...all her class test she failed badly. as in the marks all barely half. So i had no choice but to push myself to push her to do more on maths. I bought assessments books and make her do it every day... until one day my gal expressed her disliked in maths. but i never give up and kept on... making sure her do it. today she came back and happily told me that she passed her maths and that she gotten 70+. Smile as for the other subjects i make her do more assessments and reading. i feel really bad for pushing my gal too hard but i am happy hearing her say .."mommy i made it and pass my maths..." so all the mommies out there... trust me i know how it feels... ~

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 04:44 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content